- There's a difference between exposure and infection. You can be exposed by inhaling an infectious agent but to get an infection it has to gain entry and create a colony in either an organ, tissues, or a cell.
- A laboratory safety information card is posted at the entry to all labs and has information about the materials used in the lab.
- Double gloving is recommended.
- It's important to decontaminate wok surfaces routinely
- Signs of chemical over-exposure include nausea, skin rashes, burning eyes, and headaches.
Monday, June 27, 2016
Lab Safety Trainings
What I learned in the lab safety training will help me during this internship. The things explained in these videos teach me lab safety, explain risk groups, and over-exposure to chemicals.