The trainings were very helpful in summarizing key components to keep in mind when working in a lab. I'd say that the Chemical Safety Training definitely put myself at ease if I'll be going into a lab that involves chemicals and what procedures are in place to minimize accidents.
5 Interesting Things that I learned from the trainings are:
- How useful fumes hoods are
- That PPE stands for Personal Protective Equipment
- That chemicals are not organized by alphabet
- How closed toe shoes and long pants are mandatory
- How flammable chemicals have their own separate container