I am planning to make my poster about the literal lab work we do, and then conclude explaining how this work contributes to learning about climate change.
- Take specimen out of wrapping extremely carefully
- Make sure you keep all the papers that have writing on them that came packed with the fossil.
- Place all the pieces that came together in an appropriately sized box.
- Examine specimen closely, identify its similarities to modern insects (eg. fly, bee, wasp, mosquito, etc.)
- Determine the actual order of the insecta using a insect fossil guide.
- Label the specimen using a pigma micron pen on paper and place the label and fossil back into the box.
- Catalogue the named fossils into the Yale’s collections.