Monday, August 17, 2015

Conclusions

All in all this summer has been filled with science adventures! While my initial reaction to the project was intimidation, I soon realized that identifying insects was not as challenging as I originally thought. It became like a game between Gayatri, Kristine, and myself: who could correctly identify the most insects in a day. This helped in motivating me to keep going!

Through this experience I have realized that I love working in the collection. The connection that I felt to this work was incredible, and is something that I want to continue to pursue in the future. I am already working additional hours in the lab, and intend to look for more opportunities after the summer ends. I have also been looking into colleges that offer geology as a course of study, where I can hopefully further my experience and expertise.

No comments:

Post a Comment